Re: [dev] Re: Some Issues regarding Debian versus OOo versions and Support?

Hi,

One more thing.  Building a polygon clipper can't be that hard.  If
someone can abstract the mathematical details or point me to a paper which
decribes what a gpc needs to do, I would be happy to write something to
replace it.

I have a long history of writing my own mathematical modelling software
and I do not see how determining the intersection of general polygons is
that hard.  All polygons can be decomposed into combinations of basic
geometic forms that each can easily be checked for intersections to
determine how to clip specific regions (if that is even what gpc does!).

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Kevin