Re: Here we go ..... again .... :)

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 21:46, Erik Tews wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 01:42:17AM +0100, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
>
> I got a dual pIII with 550 MHz and 768 MB ram. Debian Woody is installed
> on LVM and a lot of distspace is left. So I will be able to test the
> build there. But the box has no permanent internet-connection. So you
> will have to mail me where I can download a package, and I will do so
> and tell you the report round about 24 hours later.

Debian Woody,  compiling with 2.95.4.

Size:  2.2G acording to du.

Problems:  Bison, make sure you are using 1.2.8 (possibly 2.9 or 3.0)

Gcc 3 is possible.  The production builds are done with this and
therefore it might be the difference with some of my problems as well.

Hardware:   128Meg of memory is a minimum to build.  Compiles are 2
times faster with 128 or 64 due to caching.

I have a P350 and it takes something like 2 days to fully compile.

For how to grab source try:

http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/get_source.html

There are other downloads for the solver tree off this page.

KenF