OpenOffice & default font problems

Hello!

I contact you because I experience problems with the latest openoffice
distribution (unstable).
I waited for a few days in case you'll look at the problem, just in case
:)

The problem is with the default menu font. It does not anymore accept
truetype font in order to draw the menus!
I have correctly installed the font under X with the correct FontPath
("/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType")
and checked that xfontsel *sees* these fonts (as well as other
programs).
Only OpenOffice can't see them.

Blindly I tried to change the default font to something else and I
succeeded :)
When the font is something different than a TTF, it displays it
correctly. When I tried to change it to a TTF font again, the menus
disappear again :(

Afterwards I tried to find the place where OO stores the font
subtitution matrix.
Since this is a serious problem (there are a few people who know the OO
menus by heart), I suggest to add in the documentation that someone can
substitute the default font in the
~/.openoffice/1.0.1/user/config/registry/instance/org/openoffice/Office
/Common.xml file,
by writing something like
 <Font>
  <Substitution>
   <FontPairs cfg:element-type="FontReplacement">
    <FontReplacement state="replaced" cfg:name="_0">
     <Always cfg:type="boolean">true</Always>
     <OnScreenOnly cfg:type="boolean">true</OnScreenOnly>
     <ReplaceFont cfg:type="string">Andale Sans UI</ReplaceFont>
     <SubstituteFont cfg:type="string">Avantgarde</SubstituteFont>
    </FontReplacement>
   </FontPairs>
   <Replacement cfg:type="boolean">true</Replacement>
  </Substitution>
 </Font>

and THEN go through the menus and change the font to whatever they like.

That's all!

--
o? K? w--- O M+ V- PS+ PE Y+>++ PGP>+++ t 5 X+ R tv->! b+ DI- D++(+)