Re: Building the packages for Woody (1.0.1-6)

Chris Halls wrote:
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your reports

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 11:34:00PM +0100, Jerome Warnier wrote:

Done all this, but I still end up with different problems:

The first one is a "permission denied" on excvpe for java_detect.sh.

How is this, I still have this problem. It is just this script not being
executable, I fixed it by hand (chmod +x) after interrupting the build
process.

Fixed in debian/rules CVS now.
Right now?

Setting up the environment for building OpenOffice.
Setting platform independent values... done
Setting Linux Intel specific values... done
NO_GXX_INCLUDE = no_gxx_include, NO_GXX_INCLUDE = argv(2)
Please enter the g++ include path (e.g. /usr/include/g++-3):

On my system, I happen to have a /usr/include/g++-3 and a
/usr/include/g++-v3 directories.
Which one should I choose?
Why isn't that automated?

I still have this problem too. Where does it come from?
Is it Woody-related?

Yes, it was due to a patch that changed the include search path for 3.0.
I've modified the needed patch for gcc-3.0 to include that one now.

Is it possible to build in parallel now? Is there still problems with
the build process? It would go *really* faster in my case, because I
could use a lot of machines in // (maybe 20!).

No, please see:

http://www.openoffice.org/issues/showdependencytree.cgi?id=9443
I'll take a look.
Seing the patch therefore made me think it was solved.
Furthermore, I found one of your mail talking about distcc, where you told that it was due to a bug in distcc (0.7, if I remember well) but that it should be fixed.

One more problem, not related to previous ones.
It seems the build process is looking anyway to g++ and not to g++-3.0.
On Woody, it seems the package g++-3.0 doesn't provide a /usr/bin/g++.
If g++-2.95 is not installed on your machine OOo doesn't build.

make[1]: Entering directory
`/tmp/openoffice.org-1.0.1/build-tree/oo_1.0.1_src/stlport/unxlngi4.pro/misc/build/STLport-4.5.3/src'
g++ --fexceptions -shared -o ../lib/libstlport_gcc.so.4.5

Yes that's right - Gerard reported this on this list a few days ago and Jan checked in a patch.

I've completed the backport - I'll announce in a new thread.
I've also completed it for 1.0.1-6, but it is still requires a lot of tweaks to get it done.
It could be easier if the above-mentioned bugs were already fixed.

In which release do you expect them to be applied?

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for all,
Jérôme