Re: Scripting OpenOffice?

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 11:13:12PM -0700, Vance Lankhaar wrote:

> I know this isn't the answer to the question you asked, but it might
> answer another question you may/should have had. wvPS provides a
> word-to-ps translator..... The wv package has all sorts of utilities to
> convert from Word to other formats.

Thanks Vance.  I'd already tried out wv and every other translator I could
find.  None of them provide an accurate enough rendition of the original
file's layout for my purposes.  (Even StarOffice barely does).  Most of them
are focused on getting out the text and enuogh layout to make the result
readable, not on exactly matching the original.  Fine for some purposes,
just not this particular one :-)

-- John