Re: Scripting OpenOffice?

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 12:59, John Goerzen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in writing an automated word-to-PostScript converter.
> OpenOffice is well capable of opening Word documents, and of printing to
> PostScript and even comes with some "simple" examples of doing some of this.
> But I cannot find a way to just tell it from the command line, without
> opening any X windows, to do that sort of thing.  Does such a mechanism
> exist?
>
> --
> John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>                       www.complete.org

I know this isn't the answer to the question you asked, but it might
answer another question you may/should have had. wvPS provides a
word-to-ps translator..... The wv package has all sorts of utilities to
convert from Word to other formats.

Vance

 Vance Lankhaar                 vance at pcsscreston dot ca
 PCSS Yearbook               yearbook at pcsscreston dot ca
 PCSS Computers             sysadmins at pcsscreston dot ca
 http://www.crestonbc.com/pcss/   http://www.pcsscreston.ca