downloading from 'OTHER' operating systems ...

Hello folks,
Thanks for providing this great service for Debian users!
I'd like to make a request: I regularly download pkgs from the web at work where I have a T1 and then haul them home on my USBdrive. Unfortunately, I work in the Windows environment where I have the T1 and I cannot use apt to automatically determine dependencies. Could some kind soul please spell the dependencies out in a README somewhere so I know. For example, I burned a CD last week with OpenOffice.org debs thinking I had gotten all I need only to discover that I needed libstlport4.5gcc3.0 to install.

Thanks.

Justin Vander Ziel
mailto:zielot@myrealbox.com

Justin Vander Ziel
mailto:zielot@yahoo.com

"Men are not corrupted by the exercise of power or debased by the habit of obedience, but by the exercise of a power which they believe to be illegitimate, and by obedience to a rule which they consider to be usurped and oppressive." - Alexis de Tocqueville