Re: Oo doesn't start

Jan-Hendrik Palic <jan.palic@linux-debian.de> wrote:

> try run "SAL_DEBUG=strace openoffice" so, where it breaks :)

  Thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time. You caught me about 30
  seconds too late. I just rebooted (don't tell anyone) and started
  openoffice in my wife's environment first--it worked! And it worked in
  my environment too (I just hate it when the Microsoft cure for all
  ills needs to be performed under Linux :-( ).

  Thus, there must have been some process or lock file in /tmp that was
  gumming up the works, perhaps from a previous version? Thus, if this
  happens again, I'll have a better idea of what to look for, and will
  try the SAL_DEBUG trace too. Thanks for the assistance.

Maintainer of comp.mail.mh FAQ and mh-e. Vote Libertarian!