CPU 100% opening document

I have created a form for work using Writer. It is a page containing 5
tables that   use all the space on the page. There is cell protection,
different line formats & I hide some of the lines.

The page works great during creation but when I save it  then re-open it
the cpu goes to 100% & (if Iam lucky) only the desktop containing
OO.org freezes. I might add the page works as desighned in the Win32
version of OO.org & on another non Debian Linux box running OO.org

I would like to trouble shoot this but don't have the faintest notion
where to start. My box is a Woody box but I run some apps+depends from
testing & unstable. I use KDE 3.0.4 & the following source for OO.org
deb http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/openoffice/ testing main contrib

TIA
--
Greg C. Madden