Re: openoffice crashes

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 09:22:27PM +0200, Thomas Quas wrote:
> I installed the latest Debian package from the testing line and started
> openoffice. Everything went just fine until I type the first space
> character in the document. I can type any character w/o problem but the
> first space crashes the application.
>
> I started the application again and tried to load an existing document.
> Boom.
>
> I tried installing the unstable line (openoffice-1.0.1-4). Crashes, too.
>
> Did anybody experience similar behavior?

That is very strange - I haven't heard of this before.  The packages are at
version -5; please check that your mirror is up to date, although I'm not
convinced it will solve your problem.

> My box is a Dell Inspiron 8200. It runs xfree86-4.1.0-17.

What is the graphics card?  There are known problems with some S3, Matrox
and Nvidia cards.

If you are still able to reproduce the crashes, please send a stack trace by
running:

SAL_DEBUG=gdb openoffice
(gdb) run   <--- type this at the gdb prompt
[let OOo crash]
(gdb) where   <--- post the contents of this backtrace

Thanks,