From: Gerhard Tonn [mailto:GerhardTonn@swol.de]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 2:36 AM
To: debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org; Post, Mark K
Subject: openoffice s390 patches

Hi,
the patches for openoffice on s390 are attached. I still haven't tested the
bridge code and probably have not the time for the next 2 weeks. I will let
you know of any updates. The first file contains the upstream patches, the
second one the debian patches.

The fpu exception switching needs some work, I want to change it to use the
fenv() function, but will discuss it with upstream first. The cpuname is
S390L for the time being since S390 conflicts with an existing, but obsolete

port. I will switch to S390, when upstream has this cleaned up.

I am using the stlport4.5_4.5.3-3 packages now. Mark, Debian uses stlport
from an external package, not the included one. This might be the reason of
your problems.

The files stlport4.5_4.5.3-3.diff.gz  and stlport4.5_4.5.3.orig.tar.gz can
be
found at http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/openoffice/pool/main/stlport/ .
stlport4.5_4.5.3-3.diff.gz contains Debian patches.

I used binutils 2.13.90.0.4-1, gcc 3.2.1-0pre1 and glibc 2.2.5-14.2 for the
build. I am using the mozilla 1.0.0-3 binaries compiled with gcc-3.2.

The file readline.c must be compiled with O0 because of a compiler error.

Configuration is done as follows:

./configure --enable-gcc3 \

--with-stlport4-home=/home/ton/openoffice.org-1.0.1/debian/local/stlport-hom
 \
    --with-lang=ALL \
    --with-jdk-home=/usr/local/IBMJava2-s390-131

The debian/MANIFEST.s390 file needs libstlport_gcc.so for some reason. I
didn't find libmozz.so, therefore excluded it from debian install files.

Regards,
Gerhard