Re: Dictionaries

Hi Jerome,

> Do you have more info?
> I found http://spellchecker.mozdev.org, but it doesn't say much.

David Einstein is the one to talk to for more info.  Basically, he took an
early version of MySpell and completely rewrote it to support Mozilla
string classes, specific file io, etc.  It looks completely different from
the OOo version.  Bascially he forked it with my very happy permission (I
am a mozilla user too and would love spellchecking!).   We have long range
plans to merge the two versions some day but the OOo string classes and
the Netscape/Mozilla string classes are quite different as are file io and
the text parsing needs of Mozilla that OOo handles quite nicely for us.
Until then we agreed to keep the dictionary format compatible so that OOo
MySpell dictionaries (*.aff and *.dic)  will work with Mozilla and
visa-versa.

I have not heard from David in a long time so I do not know if any of these
plans have changed and when Mozilla will roll out with its MySpell version
installed.  I was hoping the 1.1 versions would have it.

> Maybe we should put dictionnaries completely outside of OpenOffice?
> In a shared location, with links if needed.

I think that would be best for both Mozilla and OOo in the long run.  I am
not sure where/how MySpell dictionaries for Mozilla need to be installed.
It is probably time for me to do a build of Mozilla with the spellchecker
enabled.

Hope this helps,

Kevin