/usr/bin/ooffice [was Re: Gnome 2.0/Nautilius OO integration solved!!!]

Hi Jack & co.

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 09:08:40PM -0400, Jack Howarth wrote:
> Jan,
>     I've posted a bug report, 154622, against gnome-mime-data with
> a patch to change the command in gnome-vfs.applications from
> ooffice to openoffice. As far as I know, upstream doesn't provide a
> ooffice binary although I could picture them eventually renaming
> their soffice binary to ooffice to better distinguish themselves from
> StarOffice.

Thanks for thrashing this out over the past couple of days :)  I think the
'office' name originaly came from Peter, who later renamed it (or was it
Jan?) to openoffice.  The source file is still called 'ooffice', BTW (in
debian/local).  Gwenole kept the 'ooffice' name for Mandrake and looking at
David's RPMs for RedHat, it looks like he has ooffice too:

cat %{SOURCE5} | sed -e "s/<OOVERSION>/%{subver}/" > %{buildroot}%{_bindir}/ooffice

Also, the result of replacing 's' with 'oo' in all of the command names in
/usr/lib/openoffice/program (scalc, swriter, etc) gives oocalc, oowriter,
oopadmin, ooffice.  And the only one which we don't have already is ooffice.
So, at this time, I'm now thinking I should have listened to Jack in the
first place and we should put that link in.

Erm, comments?