[announce] 1.0.1-1 for i386 is out

OpenOffice.org Version 1.0.1-1 is now uploaded to the OOo 'unstable'
repository for i386.  Jan will upload the PowerPC package fairly soon, and
the mirrors will sync within 24 hours.

We will move this version to the 'testing' repository in a few days if no new
problems are found.

openoffice.org (1.0.1-1) experimental; urgency=low

  * New upstream version
     + upgrade of the mozilla integration from 0.9.5 to 1.0
     + several fixes to font handling code
     + improved portability
     + improvements to handling of locales
     + and numerous other minor bugfixes
  * Due to popular demand and general confusion, set the default user install
    directory to ~/.openoffice/1.0.1, including when setup is run manually
  * New commands in /usr/bin: oocalc,oodraw,ooimpress,oomath,oowriter,oopadmin
  * Bring back global desktop integration without cluttering the home directory
    thanks to Gwenole's method of editing instdb.ins after setup
  * KDE desktop interation is tested, Gnome not yet.
  * Add setup to menu entries again
  * Tighten up dependencies so that all components must be 1.0.1
  * Build system changes:
    + Create extra make target for unpacking language packs
    + Add support for debug builds.  To build a project with debugging symbols:
        debian/rules buildprj PRJ=<project-to-build> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=debug
    + Improve 'install' target dependencies
  * Add manpages and fix lintian warnings (Rene Engelhard)
  * Update mailcap entries and add MS Office document types

A note about the desktop integration:  I use KDE, and this seems to be
working well.  I know there are problems with GNOME applications still - Jan
tells me the menu entries are not in the right place, and the Gnome helper
settings don't work for e.g. Galeon - so if you want this fixed please tell
me how :) - I don't have sufficient disk space at the moment to install it
myself.

Have fun,