Re: openoffice.org: OOo 1.0.1 dumps core at startup

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 03:27:20PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Oops, my mistake, I didn't notice the version mismatch between
> openoffice.org and openoffice.org-bin.

There is a packaging bug in rc[1-3] that it is possible to have 1.0.0
packages installed together (this will be fixed in the next upload), but the
versions you have are OK.

> Maybe openoffice.org should depend on "openoffice.org-bin (=
> ${source-version})" so that APT doesn't let this kind of things happen.

No, thanks, that would mean I have to upload 350MB of files every time I
find a spelling mistake or any other problem, and everyone would duly
download the 'new' versions which were, in fact, exactly the same.  I only
upload a new package and change versions if the packaging changes affect
the files it contains, which is a little more manual work but saves a lot of
bandwidth.