Re: OpenOffice.org failure on Woody system

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 11:56 pm, Chris Halls wrote:
> This doesn't look good.
>
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 12:20:00PM -0700, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
> > I completely removed (and purged) openoffice.org and verified I had no
> > .openoffice/ directory, then reinstalled with same results.
>
> Please will you try this:
>
> Delete your user settings files and try again
>
>  rm -r ~/.sversionrc ~/.user60.rdb ~/OpenOffice.org1.0.1
>
> If it is still not working, downgrade to 1.0.0-6 and find out whether the
> problem still exists, so we know if it is a new bug in 1.0.1 or not.  You
> can downgrade by replacing 'unstable' by 'testing' in your openoffice line
> in sources.list.
>
> If it is new for 1.0.1 we'll need to try and get hold of a .tar.gz
> installation set and see if it is still broken or whether it is specific to
> our Debian packages.
>
> Chris

Greetings Chris:

I followed your instructions and reinstalled "unstable" OOo after cleaning
out my cache (just to be sure it wasn't a bad xfer).  It failed as it did
prior.  Another screen shot of this is at:
http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls/OOo_fail3.png

Next I removed the "unstable" version and followed the home directory removal
of files and installed the "testing" version:
Dir=~ pts/8$ dg openoffice.org
ii  openoffice.org 1.0.0-6        high-quality office suite
ii  openoffice.org 1.0.0-6        openoffice.org office suite binary files
ii  openoffice.org 1.0.0-4        english_us files for openoffice.org
{bogus.ampr.org} U=jaye

The same type of failure occures for this version too, and can be seen at:
http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls/OOo_fail4.png

It would appear that neither version will run on my Woody box.  I don't know
if I am missing any other app(s) or lib(s) that OOo depends on or not.  "apt"
reports no errors and fetches the dependencies correctly.  BTW, I don't have
full Gnome installed on this box, just some of the libs for apps I use under
KDE and Blackbox desktops.

Is there anything else I can do to further investigate this failure?

Thanks again, hope this is helping.
- --

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.
Free software, in a free world, for a free spirit. Please Support freedom!