From: "Kevin B. Hendricks" <kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca>
To: releases@openoffice.org
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:22:45 -0400
Subject: [releases] Linux PowerPC is back working and ready to release

Hi,

After some mad scrambling the Linux PowerPC port is back and ready to
release!  :-)

Please thank Jack Howarth, Jan Hendrik-Palik (Debian) for their hard work
testing and reporting bugs and providing traces, and special thanks to Dan
Burcaw of YellowDogLinux for testing and Olaf Hering for testing as well
as graciously providing a remote test machine so that I could debug the
problem!

And special thanks go to Daniel Boelzle of Sun/Hamburg and the udk project
for answering all of my questions and pointing me back at the gcc 3 bridge
code when I wandered off into thinking it was a gcc optimization problem.

I really appreciate everyone's help.  I would never have found the problems
without it.

I hope to have a build for Jan to do QA with by tomorrow afternoon and
should be ready to release only a little later than everyone else.

Kevin