Re: Enabling the freetype bytecode interpreter

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 08:09:28PM -0700, Michael Toomim wrote:
> Michael Toomim wrote:
> >It doesn't make sense to leave the bytecode interpreter disabled for
> >debian's openoffice.org.  Would it be ok to enable it?
>
> ... or is debian openoffice going to be using the existing debian
> libfreetype in the future anyway?

It already did, in -5, but I had to back the patch out because it caused
problems for several people, and the OpenSymbol font did not display, which
meant bullets did not appear.

You can see the patch here:

http://cvs.debian.org/oo-deb/debian/patches/Attic/903_system_freetype.diff?only_with_tag=openoffice_org-1_0_0-5&cvsroot=debian-openoffice

I suspect the problem may be due to the use of OOo of internal freetype
macros, which may have changed behaviour in the 1.1 release.  I had to
create another patch (024_freetype_macros.diff) to get it to compile at all.
I haven't looked at it since we started working on 1.0.1.

I would be grateful if someone had the time to look at this and find out
where the problem lies.  It may even be that 1.0.1 works with the new
libfreetype.