Re: OpenOffice.org fail with GNOME2

Hi ...
On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:50:10AM +0900, Masatoshi Iwasaki wrote:
>Recently I installed openoffice.org-l10n-en.
>It went well and enjoyed OO , though I couldn't install
>openoffice.org-l10n-ja ( it freezed my computer when I installed ).

oh .. ;(

>And yesterday I upgraded GNOME 1 to 2, After that I couldn't start OO correctly.
>See the screenshot below ( I took this immediately after typing "openoffice"
>on terminal).

>http://www.dcl.info.waseda.ac.jp/~pingoo/OOonGNOME2.png

weird

>I tried to reinstall OO, but nothing goes well.
>I don't know why OO gets corrupted. It seems OO has no dependecny with
>libraries used by GNOME.  Do you have any ideas ?

Well, there is a known issue with GNOME-SESSION, that it kills
OpenOffice.org as Session-manager, because OpenOffice.org takes to long
to start so the Session-Manager kill OpenOffice.org!

>I'm using unstable, running kernel-2.4.18 ( with preemption-patch & lock-braek
>patch).

hmm did you try an kernel without those patches? :) Just to see, if this
is *not* the reason for the foult :)

	regards
		Jan

--
  .''`.    Jan-Hendrik Palic     |
 : :' : ** Debian GNU/ Linux **  |   ** OpenOffice.org **       ,.. ,..