Re: [kaffe] Re: OpenOffice?

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 12:50:32PM +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> Its not possible, compilation yes, runtime no, because, gcj/gij do not
> have any support for awt, but OpenOffice.org uses awt ;(
> I asked that on gcc-java mailinglist ..

Compilation is all we need to get this into main :)

Runtime support for Java is second priority - first priority is the ability
to build a working .deb without non-free Java.  Peter has a hack to include
the XML files by hand that would normally be generated during the build, but
it would be great if we could use gcj to do that step instead.

We'll get in contact with David and see what he has.

Thanks Gwenole for the info!