GNOME file-types association problems

I would like to associate the MS Word and MS Excel documents (*.doc, *.xls) to OpenOffice.org 1.0 on Debian Woody using your "-4" release.

I already tried some things, but they are all failing (and for most, silently). I got to launch OpenOffice.org 1.0 when clicking in Nautilus on .xls documents, but it opens Writer, and not Calc, and doesn't open the document itself. After that (changing the association in GNOME Control-center), it loses its config, and I don't know why.

I also noticed that the MS Powerpoint association is done and works, but couldn't manage to find out from where that came (/etc/mime.types, I suppose).

Thanks