Re: KDE Menu

Chris Halls wrote:
On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:23:51PM -0700, Paul Scott wrote:

With the 1.0.0-4 version I still get:

Service 'OpenOffice.org 1.0/setup desktop' is malformatted.

when trying to start any OO component from the KDE (2.2) menu

You have those entries left over from -2 or earlier: that is why I stopped
OOo setup from creating these entries, because we had no way of having them
removed with dpkg.

You'll need to manually remove them from your home directory.  This should
work (you might want to do a dry run without the -exec ... part first):

find $HOME/.kde $HOME/.kde2 -name "vnd.sun.xml.*" -o -name "OpenOffice.org 1.0" -exec rm -r "{}" \;

You'll also need to remove the vnd.sun (and possibly vnd.stardivision) lines
from ~/.mime.types.

The Debian menu entries can be found under the 'Debian' submenus in KDE.

Ok, I found all of the components except setup.  Should that be somewhere?

Thanks for all this,

Paul