Some issues with oo.o 1.0.0-3

        Hi!

 Jan encouraged me to mail you directly :)  I stumbled upon some things
that I noticed that I'd like to share with you.  First of all, I'm not
subscribed to the list so please Cc me on replies that aren't about only
internal hick-hack ,)

 openoffice registers itself in ~/.mailcap -- at the *start*.  Would be
nice to have it at the end instead.
 About the idea having openoffice registered globally through
/etc/mailcap: Why not having /usr/bin/openoffice als binaries in there
for that?  That would call the setup for the users who haven't run it
yet and let it work for the others as expected.  And would make the
entries in ~/.mailcap not needed.  I guess that would be a good idea.

 Secondly: The openoffice script checks hardcoded for ~/.openoffice
instead of checking ~/.sversionrc about that (imagine people editing
/etc/openoffice/autoresponse.conf or people running
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/setup on their own.  I did that to get
another file/directory off my ~ -- I simply don't like that and spot
such mistakes easily :).
 So the script should check ~/.sversionrc and check the directory
defined in there, not hardcoded ~/.openoffice.

 Last this time: It yields an error on setup for the creation of
~/.gnome/apps/OpenOffice.org 1.0/mathdoc.desktop -- it produces an error
on creation and makes only a zero byte file.  The other files in there
are produced correctly.

 Thanks for the attention this time, I'll get back to you when I find
more :)

 Ah yes, one more thing (but I guess that should be reported upstream)
is that it doesn't seem to support proxies that require authentication.
I'd like to register as a user through the tab at the start but if I set
up the proxy in the settings openoffice just starts for a second or such
and then closes again without any message (strace -f loops endlessly?).
I had to resetup and guess it might be that our proxy requires
authentication (can be wrong but I haven't seen anything in the settings
about that).

 Thanks,
Alfie
--
       --- network-connection tot ---
mery:  Hat wer die Nummer von unserem Provider?