Debian Menus

OK there goes another lunch hour!

Below are some Debian menus I have used the documents in
/usr/share/doc/menu/html as a starting point as well as the examples in
/usr/lib/menu/package and the man pages.

My understanding is this. If we put the file below in the
debain/package.menu file that the debhelper script dh_installmenu should
include the correct file in the package and add in the correct
update-menu lines to postinst and postrm.
Openoffice should then appear in the menus of all windowmanages of you
have menu installed and the window manger supports it.

Please have a look through especially at the hints and menu locations,
that I had to create, I tried to go by what other people have done and
the policy but any comments are welcome. Its a start at least some
tweaking will more than likely be needed. I think that it is compliant
with the Debian policy on this.

john

### debian/package.menu start ###

?package(openoffice.org):needs=X11 section=Apps/Editors\
  title="Openoffice.org Writer" command="/usr/lib/openoffice/program/swriter"\
  hints=WordProcessors\
  icon="/usr/share/apps/openoffice.org/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/ooo_writer.xpm"

?package(openoffice.org):needs=X11 section=Apps/Math\
  title="Openoffice.org Calc" command="/usr/lib/openoffice/program/scalc"\
  hints="Spreadsheets"\
  icon="/usr/share/apps/openoffice.org/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/ooo_calc.xpm"

?package(openoffice.org):needs=X11 section=Apps/Graphics\
  title="Openoffice.org Draw" command="/usr/lib/openoffice/program/sdraw"\
  hints="Drawing"\
  icon="/usr/share/apps/openoffice.org/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/ooo_draw.xpm"

?package(openoffice.org):needs=X11 section=Apps/Graphics\
  title="Openoffice.org Impress" command="/usr/lib/openoffice/program/simpress"\
  hints="Presentation"\
  icon="/usr/share/apps/openoffice.org/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/ooo_impress.xpm"

?package(openoffice.org):needs=X11 section=Apps/Math\
  title="Openoffice.org Math" command="/usr/lib/openoffice/program/smath"\
  hints="Equation,Editor,Formula"\
  icon="/usr/share/apps/openoffice.org/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/ooo_math.xpm"

?package(openoffice.org):needs=X11 section=Apps/System\
  title="Openoffice.org Setup" command="/usr/lib/openoffice/program/setup"\
  hints="Setup,Install,Config"\
  icon="/usr/share/apps/openoffice.org/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/500_setup.xpm"

?package(openoffice.org):needs=X11 section=Apps/System\
  title="Openoffice.org Printer Administration" command="/usr/lib/openoffice/program/spadmin"\
  hints="Setup,Printer,Config"\
  icon="/usr/share/apps/openoffice.org/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/500_setup.xpm"

### end of file ###

--
John Cooper                     |Phone 0114 223 3052
Your Senior IT Administrator    |Fax   0114 290 9192

Your Communications Ltd
Portland House
Moorfield
Sheffield
S3 8UG

Switchboard number : 0114 290 9090

individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and
confidential information. If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the message from your computer. The unauthorised use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is forbidden. Your Communications
Limited will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or
consequential damage as a result of any virus being passed on, or
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third
party.

Your Communications Limited (England and Wales No. 3842309) registered
office Dawson House, Great Sankey, Warrington, WA5 3LW