Gnome MIME types

I have been looking into gnome mime types and it should be fairly simple
to create a set for OpenOffice.org that could be setup as defaults. We
would then want to disable the ones that OOo adds to the users profile.

The first part I can do simply and would mean that even if the user had
not used OOo yet the mime types would be recognised and OOo would be
run. This should not interfere with the stuff that is installed as part
of the setup.

The second part would mean changing the code of the setup program I
think so I am not to sure. i don't think that this is completely
necessary but would mean less tampering with the users home dir.

Also should we associate the MS documents with OOo as well?

john

--
John Cooper                     |Phone 0114 223 3052
Your Senior IT Administrator    |Fax   0114 290 9192