Re: [dev] Re: Needed patches for building on PPC?

Hi,

I have an even better solution:

How about somebody there (a debian developer) who understands the ppc
linux sys v abi well and who knows something about virtual method tables
and exception handling changes from gcc 2.95.4 to gcc 3.1 takes a shot at
writing this and contributing it to the port (or someone who wants to
learn all of these things!)

(i.e. create a gcc3_linux_powerpc directory using the abi pieces from
gcc2_linux_powerpc and examining what changed from gcc2_linux_x86 to
gcc3_linux_x86 and incorporating those changes for ppc linux) to allow
support for gcc 3.X by the time it is released.

That would certainly be a big help to me and the ppc linux port in
general.  In fact, I would love to have some long-term official help from
Debian ppc developers to help support the ppc Linux port itself.

What do you say?  Is there anyone there who wants to step up to the plate
and  begin to help out on the bridges code and eventually even take over
(or at least become co-maintainer of the ppc Linux port?).

Any qualified developer would be welcomed!  I think this is one of the
those projects that the distributions themselves should take an active
hand in (there is no StarOffice for ppc Linux, only OpenOffice) and I
would welcome the help since I am being stretched a bit thin.

Thanks,

Kevin