Re: cvs

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 08:59:48PM +0200, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Sorry about this below average question, but how do I use the CVS
> debian-build-system I just downloaded.
> Which OpenOffice source source version do you use, should I just extract
> that an copy the debian dir or do I put a tar.bz/gz somewhere?

1. Download the debian directory.  I think you did that already.

2. make a directory, e.g. oo_cvs and cd into it.

3. Check out the OOo CVS, OOO_STABLE_1 branch:

    export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.openoffice.org:/cvs
    cvs login                                               <-- password anoncvs
    cvs -q -z4 co -r OOO_STABLE_1 OpenOffice

4. Tar this up (sorry, it's annoying and needs looking at, I know)

    TARDIR=oo_stable1_cvs`date +%Y%m%d`_src
    ln -s oo_cvs $TARDIR
    tar -hzcf $TARDIR.tar.gz $TARDIR

5. move/copy the tarfile so that you have this directory structure:

    $BUILDROOT/debian (contains files from nidd's CVS)
    $BUILDROOT/upstream/archives/$(YOUR_TARFILE)

6. edit debian/scripts/vars and change TAR_DIR and SOURCE_TREE dates.

7. build the package (debuild or whatever)

Sorry that this is so awkward - up until we had anoncvs no-one except Jan &
I really cared, so it didn't get looked at.  We'll have to work out
something better soon.  One suggestion was to use cp -al like this:

< Jeff_> take a look at kernel-sources. Herbert Xu uses hard-links.
< Jeff_> maybe just have the sources unpacked in upstream/archives and
	 instead of extracting the tarball do a
	 cp -al upstream/archives/oo_stable1_cvs20020408_src build-tree/

Chris Halls | Frankfurt, Germany