Re: Hello

Hi ..
On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 01:37:51PM +0100, Damien wrote:
>You ask for people with big machine, there I am. I'm not a packaging
>master. I can use a debian sid system, I know how to build package from
>source, edit the rules file but that's about all I know about packaging
>(apart from using dpkg of course :P).

What you can do is, download the orig.tar.gz and diff.gz and .dsc file
from http://bourbaki.math.uni-kiel.de/~jpalic/debian/openoffice and
make:

dpkg-source -x openoffice_641c-0.1.dsc
cd openoffice-641c
dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot ....

>I'll be glad to help, just tell me what to do. I downloaded the source
>from http://www.linux-debian.de/openoffice/, but the archive I
>downloaded seems boarked (problem during download, I'll retry this
>afternoon).

ok .. it should work anywar .. the archiev is ok! :)

>Maybe you want to know more about me ... I'm a computer sciences
>university student in Liège, Belgium (So you have to forgive my english
>:P).

Im a german computer sciences university studend and my english is .. :)

>That's all, hope we'll have a good time creating the biggest package
>ever seen ;)

	:)

What we need are people, who are try to package this greatest package
and give us some issues!

	Regards
		Jan

--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"