Re: [dev] Somethhing failed with rsclexx.h

Hi Brendan ....

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 01:58:16PM +1100, Brendan J Simon wrote:
>I've just joined this list so I may be a little behind.  I have just
>downloaded 641C and it looks great, the only problem is that I can't
>save files.  Not one byte of a wordprocessing document.

One Stupid question, what errormessage did you get? How did you save the
document?

>Any clues on how to fix this ?  It is a show stopper and critical bug I
>would have thought.

If you have a binary I don't ... perhaps, you may have a look at the
bugzilla/issuezilla of OpenOffice at openoffice.org ... there might be a
hint ...

>Do I have to "apt-get" some specific packages for it to work.  I'm not
>even sure what JVM I am running (if any) and even if one is required.
>Is OO precompiled ??

What you need to run ist, libgpcl and libstlport. But if you installed
the binary from openoffice.org, you might only the jvm (j2sdk1.3 or
j2re)

>Should I be running the blackdown jvm, or kaffe, or gcj ?  I'm not a
>java person but I do have a book and am willing to learn :)
>I have an Athlon and a PPC machine.  Last time I looked there wasn't an
>up to date PPC version for blackdown.  At least not in .deb format :(

For Java in debian, please have a look at.

http://people.debian.org/~opal/java/policy.html/

It is possible for newer JDK in debian, but this will take some time!

>Thanks for any help or pointers.  I checked the mailing lists but didn't
>find much help.
>Brendan Simon.

For further help, please have a look for discuss@openoffice.org or
dev@openoffice.org at www.openoffice.org :) There are more people and
many OpenOffice developers, I think, they can help you more ... :)

	Regards
		Jan
--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"