Re: OpenOffice and Java

> > FWIW, OpenOffice will install and run without Java on the system, at
> > least if you use the binaries at openoffice.org.  There's no reason
> > why we can't have a separate openoffice-java in contrib for people
> > that want the Java support.
>
> According to Peter, they won't build without a version of Java we don't
> have in the archive, even in non-free. So the whole thing has to go into
> contrib and be manually built on each system.

Or the build process must be changed to exclude the java-thingies for
the main package.

With the debianized packages this will hopefully work. Doeing it fast
and taking upstreams build-process, it might be possible, too, but
could be difficult. Also note, that it still builds or does not build
dpending on the phase of the moon.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link