non-virtual destructor

* Ken Foskey <waratah@zip.com.au> [011014 14:00]:
> On this, there is a warning I think I understand but I would like
> someone to tell me why this is is a warning and what the possible
> consequences are.
>
> /data/office/solver/638/unxlngi3.pro/inc/cppuhelper/propshlp.hxx:584:
> warning: `class cppu::OPropertySetHelper' has virtual functions but
> non-virtual destructor

I'm not that familiar with object orientated design. I'd guess it
means that the wrong destructor may be called, when an instance is
freed in an context, where it is treated as its ancestor in
class-hirachy. I remember this warning to be quite frequent in OOo,
but would not bet an negative aspects, as the parts of code, I've
looked in yet do not use generic ancestors that much. And when they
are used, explicit type-cast is quite common.

You might ask some of the OOo gurus, if there is even some reason to
be so. (The (at least) strangeness of header-files, that my never
get in touch with the declaration of the interface they describe
without prducing the cruelst errors, was declared as feature to me,
so I not not want to exclude possiblity, that there might be some
"reason" behind it.)

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will he ever receive either. (Benjamin Franklin)