idlc - compiling -Wall

Benhard told me about some features in the idlc code. I have worked though the code to make it compile -Wall. This has exposed some features with the error handling but would not nessecarily explain any crash in it. Some printing as string of structures not the text within. Anyway there are a couple of places that unicode strings are printed with fprintf from a registry variable. Is there a way to print unicode directly with a % something or do I look for a conversion function?

Thanks
KenF