Problem installing OO638-Binaries

Hi!

I do not want to compile Openoffice.org, I just want to install the
binaries that are available. But I can't even run the setup program.

That's how it looks like when I try to run the setup:
,----
| [root@tom install]# ./setup
| glibc version: 2.2.4
| [root@tom install]#
`----
I type ./setup, the program prints the glibc-line, then the harddisk
works for a few seconds and the prompt shows again. I don't see
anything from the installer.
Of course I use Debian GNU/Linux :-) (unstable, but not all packages at
the latest version)

The build of OO I'm trying to install is 638, but that problem occured
since 632, so only 627 runs at the moment.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thomas

--
A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a
one-way street. -- Doug Linder