Disabling splash screen?

I've got OO 633 installed from binaries.  It's slower than lead to
start, which is bad enough, but its splash screen essentially locks my
display while it's thinking about considering pondering the possibility
of maybe getting its ass off the ground.

Anyone know how to disable the splash screen?  There is no item for it
within the "Options" UI that I can find.

Cheers.