Re: Moving mkoctfile.m into octave-dev

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2023-08-30 08:35]:

If you really think that something needs to be changed, I think the best solution would be to have mkoctfile error out with an informative error message (e.g. “You should install octave-dev”).

I completely forgot that we have already a mechanism for copying with this case (debian/debian_missing_handler.m). With the current setup, when octave-dev is not installed, we have the following behavior:

    octave:1> mkoctfile
    error: mkoctfile: please install the Debian package "octave-dev" to get the mkoctfile command

I will revert my two last commits.

Sorry for the noise.

Rafael Laboissière