Re: Package octave-statistics 1.6.0 FTBFS

Le jeudi 08 juin 2023 à 15:54 +0200, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :
> * Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2023-06-07 16:06]:
>
> > Le mardi 06 juin 2023 à 14:44 +0200, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :
> > > I started the preparation of version 1.6.0-1 of the octave-statistics
> > > package in the Git repository at Salsa. The package FTBFS due to failing
> > > BISTs. I fixed two problems with patches (one of them forwarded upstream
> > > [*]) but there many others still. I would appreciate if you could take a
> > > look at the package now in Git.
> >
> > Ok, I don’t have the time right now but I will have a look into it at
> > some point after the bookworm release.
> >
> > Note that since a few releases, upstream is being very active in adding
> > new functionalities, and thus new tests. Those new tests often have too
> > tight tolerances, leading to build failures on various architectures.
> > The fixes are often trivial (increasing tolerances), and I’ve submitted
> > many such patches upstream recently.
>
> The remaining BIST failures in octave-statistics are related to graphics,
> four of them with this error message:
>
>      !!!!! test failed
>      set: "cameratarget" must be finite
>
> and six of them with this one:
>
>      !!!!! test failed
>      setappdata: H must be a scalar or vector of graphic handles
>
> The problem may come from the way the BISTs are run in dh_octave_check.

I made the upload.

Actually I could not reproduce your BIST failures related to graphics
(I even dropped dendrogram-bist-no-subplot.patch that you added, which
is not needed in my build environment).

I increased more test tolerances for passing the BISTs on amd64 and
i386. I expect there will be more of these on other architectures,
we’ll see.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer