Re: Forge packages recompiled against Octave 5 no longer depend on liboctave7

* Rafael Laboissière <rafael@debian.org> [2019-10-29 22:21]:

I implemented and pushed the changes in both dh-octave and octave packages. The liboctaveN package now provides the virtual package octave-abi-M and dh-octave injects the dependency in all packages having *.oct and *.mex files.

If nobody objects, I will upload the new version of both packages to unstable. After that, all OF packages containing *.oct and *.mex files will need to be uploaded as well.

Both packages dh-octave and octave are now ready in Git for upload, but there is something I am not sure about. Right now, dh-octave has the dependency "liboctave-dev (>= 4.2.1-5)". I do not remember why I have set this versioned dependency (the Git log is very terse about this). My question is: should I bump the dependency to >= 5.1.0-4 (the next version which will include the Provides: octave-abi-N)?

Thanks,