Octave 5 transition ongoing [was Re: Upcoming transition for Octave packages]

Le samedi 14 septembre 2019 à 17:36 +0200, Sébastien Villemot a écrit :

> Indeed, the transition only begins when the package enters unstable.

We got the permission to upload to unstable, so the transition is now
undergoing. It is tracked on this page:
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-octave.html

There are several problems that we need to fix:

— octave failed to compile on mipsel. I suspect this is a toolchain
issue, so it’s not going to be easy to solve. I am going to look at
this

— several octave forge packages fail to compile against Octave 5, at
least on some release architectures: fits, image, linear-algebra,
miscellaneous, mpi, parallel, strings, video, vibes,

— those other packages not maintained by us also fail to compile:
nlopt, openems, pfstools, plplot

Best,

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Sébastien Villemot