Re: Lintian error library-not-linked-against-libc for octave-stk

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2019-09-14 17:33]:

According to the tag description¹, there are legitimate cases where the library is not linked to libc, in which case lintian will still complain. It looks like this is such a situation, because the library is not underlinked.² So I would simply add an override.

Best,

¹ https://lintian.debian.org/tags/library-not-linked-against-libc.html

² If it were underlinked, the following command would give a list of
  missing functions:

  ldd -r /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/octave/packages/stk-2.5.1/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-api-v52/__stk_dist_pairwise__.mex

Thanks, Sébastien. This is clearly a false positive. I filed a bug report against Lintian [1] and proposed a patch [2] to fix the problem.

Rafael

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/940282
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/merge_requests/258