Re: Upcoming transition for Octave packages

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2019-08-21 09:15]:

Le mercredi 21 août 2019 à 08:49 +0200, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :

However, liboctave7 is part of octave 5.1.0, which is still in experimental. Should not it be uploaded to unstable before the transition starts?

Yes indeed. I requested the permission to upload to unstable in #934630 (and I think I forwarded the message to this list).

Indeed, you did forward the message here. However, I thought that transitions were triggered only once the base package (in our case liboctave*) had entered unstable.

At any rate, managing the transitions does not seem to be a straightforward task, given the amount of collisions that exists. The auto-octave transitions collides with other 16 transitions, some of them seem to be even more complex than auto-octave.