Buster freeze and the DOG packages

Hello all,

I think that we have followed a tacit policy of only uploading versions that actually fix bugs or that correspond to new upstream versions.

However, almost all of the DOG packages have accumulated many changes in Git that are not yet released, mainly related to more recent Standards-Version and to newer debhelper compatibility levels.

I am wondering whether we should release new versions of our packages with those accumulated changes before the Buster freeze, whose timeline is:

2019-01-12 – Transition freeze
2019-02-12 – Soft-freeze
2019-03-12 – Full-freeze

What do you think?