Re: Unit test failures in version 3.2.0

On 02.07.2018 21:06, Rafael Laboissière wrote:
> I did some work on version 3.2.0-1 of the octave-interval package,
> fixing an upstream bug that was preventing the package to build.[*]
>
> [*] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?54234

Thanks for looking into this and spotting this mistake! I am going to
apply your patch upstream.

> Compilation goes fine, but 55 unit tests fail with the error message
> "mpfr_to_string_d: Illegal format".
>
> Could someone (Oliver?) try to fix the problems?

The message clearly comes from the oct-file function in
mpfr_to_string_d.cc. However, this function should not be used anymore
excepty for its very own BISTs. (I have already considered to mark the
function as deprecated.) There are only 9 BISTs, I wonder where the 55
failures come from. Can you provide logging output?

Oliver