Re: Accepted octave-parallel 3.1.2-1 (source) into unstable

* Oliver Heimlich <oheim@posteo.de> [2018-05-21 10:18]:

Am 21. Mai 2018 09:28:17 MESZ schrieb "Sébastien Villemot" <sebastien@debian.org>:
Hi Rafael,

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 10:05:41PM +0000, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
 octave-parallel (3.1.2-1) unstable; urgency=medium
 .
   [ Rafael Laboissiere ]
   * New upstream version 3.1.2
   * d/copyright: Reflect upstream changes
   * d/control: Bump Standards-Version to 4.1.4 (no changes needed)
   * Drop HTML form of documentation

What’s the rationale for dropping the HTML documentation? It seems the logic for building it is still present (src/Makefile.in). Also recall that HTML is the preferred documentation format in Debian (Policy §12.4).

I didn't check the changes by Rafael, but the upstream package includes HTML documentation now. It is no longer necessary to build it for the Debian package.

The HTML files are not included in the 3.1.2 tarball and they are not built by the upstream src/Makefile.in. This is the reason I excluded them, but I have not thought thoroughly about it. Should I make a new release 3.1.2-2, forcing the build of the HTML files, and include them back into the package?