Autopkgtest failures

Autopkgtest is failing octave-symbolic [1] because the environment variable DH_OCTAVE_EXCLUDE_TEST controlling the behavior of dh_octave_check (defined in d/rules) is not taken into account.

I committed a change do dh-otave [2] to cope with this situation. The dh_octave_check script will now source the debian/checkvars file (if it exists) before running the unit tests. So, instead of having this in d/rules:

export DH_OCTAVE_EXCLUDE_TEST = sympref.m ezplot.m ezplot3.m

we should have a d/checkvars file containing this:

DH_OCTAVE_EXCLUDE_TEST="sympref.m ezplot.m ezplot3.m"

The environment variable will then be set both at build time and at CI time.

Is this change okay with you? Should we use another technique or another file name instead of d/checkvars?

Rafael

[1] https://ci.debian.net/packages/o/octave-symbolic/unstable/amd64/
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-octave-team/dh-octave/commit/68f2d4dd73ab96f4213455e6e6d87e4e29164642