Re: New Octave support

* Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org> [2018-02-01 15:43]:

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 09:57:26AM +0100, Rafael Laboissière wrote:

[snip]

I made the appropriate changes in Git for autodep8, in the branch "octave". If there is no objection, I propose to upload a new version of the package to unstable.

As far as I am concerned you own the octave support and can do whatever you want with it (as long as the generated tests exercise the installed packages and not the source tree).

The dh_octave_check script that is launched by the new octave support is a slightly modified version of the check-pkg script in the octave-pkg-dev package, so that it exercise the installed packages and not the source tree, as you require.

Please, tell me which version number should be used (0.11 or 0.10.1).

0.11. I like to reserve the third component for bug fixes.

Ok.

Also, tell me if the following Lintian warnings should be addressed in the upcoming upload:

P: autodep8 source: package-uses-old-debhelper-compat-version 9
I: autodep8 source: out-of-date-standards-version 4.1.0 (current is 4.1.3)

Yes, if can work on them, please do.

Ok, will do.

Thanks,