Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] [RFU] octave-interval 3.1.0-1

On 27.12.2017 06:37, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
> Am 26. Dezember 2017 22:03:52 MEZ schrieb "Sébastien Villemot" <sebastien@debian.org>:
>> On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 01:09:21PM +0100, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for checking. I have addressed all these findings in revision
>>> 2aaf67b5554319ebdb4d57ac0d379c818e178377.
>>
>> I uploaded it after making a few more changes (see the git).

>> The last problem is that the autopkgtest fails badly, and it is not
>> immediately
>> clear to me why. I nevertheless made the upload because we need to fix
>> the RC
>> bugs. Please have a look at the autopkgtest logs when they appear (or
>> even
>> better, try to run them locally) and fix the problems in the next
>> upload.
>
> In the logs I can see problems with loading the test data:
>
> ***** shared testdata
>  # Load compiled test data (from src/test/*.itl)
>  testdata = load (file_in_loadpath ("test/itl.mat"));
> !!!!! test failed load: unable to find file
> shared variables scalar structure containing the fields:
>  testdata = [](0x0)

Apparently, the inst/test folder is missing in the .deb package.  It
should have been installed to /usr/share/.

In revision 5c1861a5e38a9bef68a0da25b652a516997e420b I have stripped the
test files from the installed package after they have been validated
(before building the package).  With autopkgtest the package is tested
after installation.  So, the test files have to be packaged again to
make this work.

Also, I can find a failing test in mpfr_matrix_mul_d.cc, where
multi-thread performance is measured and compared against single-thread
execution.  Probably, the Debian tests servers can't provide an
environment where this can be tested in a reliable way.  I'd suggest to
make this test case a known failure (xtest).

Best
Oliver