Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] DOG group @ salsa.d.o

* Rafael Laboissière <rafael@debian.org> [2017-12-24 14:08]:

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2017-12-24 10:07]:

So we probably shouldn’t rely too much on that infrastructure for the moment. But obviously all your preparatory work is going to help a lot when the platform enters production mode.

I thought it was already in production mode. There are loads of repositories now at salsa.d.o.

This is an excerpt of a recent announcement [1] from the salsa team: “We want to run this beta [GitLab @ salsa.d.o] at least for four weeks. If everything goes well we intend to leave beta around the end of January.” I propose that we wait until the service leaves the beta state before migrating the repositories from Alioth to Salsa. I found an easy way to automate the migration.

Related to the migration, I could set the recipient address of the “Emails on push” integration service for all repositories through the GitLab API. Just for the record, here are the shell commands for doing it:

GITLAB_API_PRIVATE_TOKEN=<my private token>
PKG_OCTAVE_TEAM_ID=2015
DOG_PKGS=$(curl --request GET --header "PRIVATE-TOKEN: $GITLAB_API_PRIVATE_TOKEN" "https://salsa.debian.org/api/v4/groups/$PKG_OCTAVE_TEAM_ID/projects?per_page=1000"; | sed 's/,{/\n/g' | cut -d: -f2 | cut -d, -f1)
for id in $DOG_PKGS ; do
    curl --request PUT --header "PRIVATE-TOKEN: $GITLAB_API_PRIVATE_TOKEN" "https://salsa.debian.org/api/v4/projects/$id/services/emails-on-push?recipients=pkg-octave-commit@lists.alioth.debian.org";
done

Notice that I used the email address of our mailing list pkg-octave-commit at Alioth. This must be changed in the future, once Alioth would be totally deprecated.

As regards the settings of this “Emails on push” service, I am unsure about the “Send from committer” option. The default behavior is to have the sender of the push notifications to be gitlab@salsa.debian.org. In our current setting at Alioth, the email of the sender is the same as the commit author. Should we use the same setting at Salsa?

Rafael

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2017/12/msg00003.html