Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Upload and Git branching policy during freeze

Le mardi 07 février 2017 à 19:27 +0100, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :
> I keep forgetting the policy that we decided for the freeze period.
> This
> is my recollection, please correct me if I am wrong:

Thanks Rafael for raising this issue.

> - Changes/upgrades should be committed to the master branch.  If we
> need
> to fix anything for stretch, we create a side branch.
>
> - Upload of new upstream versions should be done to experimental.

In my view, the right policy concerning target distributions is the
following:
- fixes for stretch should as much as possible go through unstable (and
then migrate to testing after an unblock request); uploads to testing-
proposed-updates should be avoided
- consequently, all changes not targeted to stretch (e.g. new upstream
versions) should be uploaded to experimental.

And concerning git branches:
- the master branch should always include the last version of the
package (i.e. do not create an experimental branch)
- if something needs to be fixed for stretch, but the master branch has
already diverged (for example because something has been uploaded to
experimental), then create a side-branch named "stretch" (of course
branching from the last version included in stretch).

Cheers,

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer