Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] octave-interval 2.1.0-1 build errors

Le mardi 17 janvier 2017 à 09:07 +0100, Oliver Heimlich a écrit :

> The bundled library always gets configured with --enable-sse2, so the
> build fails on all platforms without SSE2. The configure script
> features
> no auto detection whether SSE2 is available.
>
> What do you think of the attached patch to detect SSE2?

It is not suitable because the resulting binary will depend on the
specific hardware on which it was built (while the goal is to make
builds as reproducible as possible).

> Or should we better not use SSE2 for any platform?

AFAIK, the only platform on which SSE2 is guaranteed to be present is
amd64.

So I would disable SSE2 on all arches except amd64 (on which I would
enforce it).

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer