Re: [Pkg-octave-devel] Issues regarding octave-interval 1.5.0-1

* Oliver Heimlich <oheim@posteo.de> [2016-06-10 01:04]:

I prepared a split version [1]. Instead of separating *all* arch-indep files into a separate xxx-common package (as it has been done in octave-communications and octave-ltfat), I have separated only the arch-indep documentation into a separate xxx-doc package.

I find this approach much easier to handle and to maintain, because it creates two packages that can be used independently and the user may choose to install the documentation or not.

Of course, it does not remove /usr/share completely from the arch-dep package, but should be sufficient for the Lintian thresholds: octave-interval - /usr/share 891kB (73%) clearly below 2MB octave-interval-doc - /usr/share 1.3MB

Also, this should fix the high memory consumption of arch-dep only builds as well as a problem on sparc64 with Imagemagick.

If you are fine with this change, I am going to work on the privacy issue (external CSS in the manual) next.

I quickly check your changes and they look fine. Having a -doc instead of a -common package is probably the best solution. Please, go ahead.